He who does.
Artist, architect, engineer, builder, designer, writer, musician, naturalist, human. Fields of research & practice include human-computer interaction, creative technology, electrical engineering, emotional design, music composition, experiential biofeedback, software architecture, full-stack web development (.net/py), synesthesia, ontology of generative art, hermeneutics.
Living in Portland and working globally, I am that strategic "multi-modal creative", tech-director-for-hire and keen collaborator who will own yr technical projects from the vantage of two decades' expertise and insights. Delivering the goods for Nike, Google, the New York Times, Starbucks, LUNA, Hot Pockets and many more. I bring the level of excellence premium clients demand and choosy cats prefer. So what can I do for you?
- "Magical Realism Products: Towards an Ontology of Generative Art" (book, forthcoming 2020)
- LAZERfocus - an interactive real-time engine for music visualization rooted in neurological principles of multimodal perception (PD+VVVV+VL+HLSL+custom hardware/video, 2016-present)
- LAZERbeat - a percussion-to-melody machine that surfaces the hidden layers in sound for live performance & installation (PD+lots of math+custom hardware, more info, 2016-present)
- LAZERletter - a periodic letter of love to weird internet, music, art and philosophy. It is an exploration of the possibilities of email-as-art-medium. (more info, 2018-present)
- Producing and engineering various featured Medium stories, podcasts, etc. (2018-present)
- A nice cup of tea (steep 5 min.)